Following its great popularity and success in 2010, TNT/TBS is partnering once again with the WIF/TV&Media Committee on a Director Shadowing Program.
One or more members of WIF/LA will be given the opportunity to shadow a director on a TNT/TBS drama shooting on or about September/October 2012 in Los Angeles.
Emerging directors who wish to be considered for this exciting opportunity are invited to submit a single body of work they have directed in the past five (5) years demonstrating creative and technical ability. This can be a produced work for a short film, TV episode, commercial, PSA or webisode. If the work has been produced and is viewable online, please include the URL; otherwise submit three (3) DVD copies. We strongly encourage narrative submissions featuring a complete story with a beginning, middle and end.
Please do not submit rough cuts, drafts, works-in-progress, feature films, outlines or scripts of any length.
REMEMBER THIS OPPORTUNITY IS AVAILABLE ONLY TO FEMALE WIF/LA MEMBERS WHO ARE CURRENT AS OF THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE OF FRIDAY, AUGUST 10th, 2012 at 5pm Pacific Time.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THAT DATE, NOT POSTMARKED.
Winners will be notified by e-mail and telephone on or about the week of 08/27/2012.
- APPLICANTS MUST BE ACTIVE MEMBERS OF WOMEN IN FILM LOS ANGELES ON OR BEFORE THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE OF 08/10/2012. To join WIF CLICK HERE
- Applicants must be 18 years or older at the time of application.
- This contest is open to women only.
- Finalists who live outside the L.A. area are responsible for the cost of their own travel and accommodation.
- All applicants will be evaluated by the quality of their submitted materials.
- Selected applicants will be interviewed by the WIF/LA TV&Media & TNT-TBS committees.
Download and complete the application and provide all supporting materials requested. All application materials should be submitted in one package and must be received (not postmarked) by 5pm on Friday, August 10th, 2012. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Women In Film is not responsible for any material stolen or lost while in transit.
Due to the volume of applications expected, we cannot confirm receipt. Women In Film is not responsible for any material stolen or lost while in transit. For your own protection, please retain copies of all materials sent. If you would like delivery confirmation, please add this feature to your package at the post office when shipping your materials or send your package via another trackable delivery service (i.e. DHL, FedEx, UPS.)
Ship the completed application package to:
WOMEN IN FILM
2012 WIF/TNT-TBS Shadowing Initiative
6100 Wilshire Blvd, Ste 710
Los Angeles, CA 90048
- A work sample as described above. If you submit DVDs, please label each of the three discs with the title, running time, your name, email address, and primary contact number.
Please submit only work that reflects the nature of the contest and shows to your best advantage your ability to meet the criteria of the genre as described above.
- The following items (items 2a-2e) should be assembled in the following order. DO NOT USE STAPLES OR PAPERCLIPS. Please do not submit these materials bound in a notebook or any special presentation folder/binder:
|On or about 08/27/2012
|September/October 2012||Shadowing Opportunities
Finalists must be available for in-person interviews between August 17, 2012 and August 26, 2012. Winners will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone by August 27, 2012.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE WIF OFFICE TO CHECK ON THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION