Candace Bowen, Special Consultant for Membership of Women In Film, will Receive the “People Helping People Award" at the 1st Annual Touching Lives TV Awards.
The TV program, "Touching Lives" is the brainchild of Kathy Bee to recognize people who are giving of themselves to help humanity in those quiet ways. Bee, Along with her advisory board and celebrity presenters, are awarding ten special people the People Helping People Award at this annual event in order to give back to the people who are touching the lives of so many.
The 2012 Touching Lives Honorees include:
- Al Jarreau, Renown Jazz Entertainer and Grammy Winning Recording Artist
- Allen Korneff, Former CEO (for 35 years) of the Downey Regional Medical Center
- Madhu Sridhar, President and CEO of the Akshaya Patra Foundation (Feeding Millions)
- Candace Bowen, VP of Women In Film Membership, Producer/Actress
- Nina Van Tassell, President of The Woman’s Club of Hollywood
- George Newberry Author, Screen Writer, Humanitarian
- Larry Haynes Jr., Executive Director of Mercy House (Feeding and Housing The Homeless)
- Fleet Easton, Entertainer, Actor, Humanitarian
- G. Webster Smith, International Dance /Skating Coach and Choreographer (awarded posthumously)
- Holmes Stoner, Founder, President, Pacific Rim Chamber of Commerce
A Red Carpet Gala will open with NFL Legend Rosey Grier performing a new song from his soon to be released CD, followed by the presentation of the People Helping People Awards.
Following the awards presentation will be The Tin Can Showcase, a 45 minute adaptation of the full musical, written by Kathy Bee, music arranged and performed by Mario Raven along with a cast of 10 talented performers...
Learn more about The Tin Can at www.thetincan.org.
The celebration will take place on Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM at The Woman’s Club of Hollywood 1749 N. La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA.
For more information and tickets go to http://www.touchinglivestv.com.