The Mentoring Circle Spring 2014 application cycle is now closed.
Applicants will be contacted after their submissions are reviewed.
Description of the Program:
The goal of the WIF Mentoring Circles is to establish a safe and open environment to discuss issues relating to career objectives. Mentors and Mentees are expected to maintain mutual respect, honesty and confidentiality at all times.
Mentees will be assigned to groups of eight who will meet with two mentors, each of whom has significant experience in the entertainment industry. Mentors and mentees will be grouped randomly to ensure a cross-disciplinary focus for each group.
Mentees will have six two--hour group meetings with Mentors within a twelve-month period. Dates and locations will be determined solely by Mentors. It is the responsibility of the mentee to be available to attend meetings.
This program is only open to active WIF members at the General Level and above.
(Student Members and Associate Members are not eligible for the program.)
How to Apply:
- In order to apply to the Mentoring Circles program, mentees must be General Members or above in good standing of WIF/LA for the duration of the program.
- In order to participate in the WIF/LA Mentorship program, Mentors and Mentees must agree to the terms and conditions as set forth in confidentiality and liability documents by signing such documents prior to participating in the program.
1. Application form:
Applications will no longer be accepted for this cycle.
Complete the form, scan and return via e-mail.
2. Participant Release:
Applications will no longer be accpeted for this cycle.
Sign, scan and return via e-mail.
3. Statement of interest (500 words or less) including your one-year, five-year and ten- year career goals, outlining what you hope to gain by participating in the program. (WORD OR PDF FORMAT via e-mail.)
4. Two Letters of Recommendation from established professionals in the entertainment business. (Scanned, word or PDF format submitted via e-mail.)
General Responsibility of Mentee:
- Attend scheduled meetings
- Participate in group discussions
- Don't monopolize conversation
- Freely communicate relevant feedback/opinions
- Do not expect or ask Mentor to take responsibility for your career progression
2014 Mentoring Circles Timeline:
|January 15, 2014
||Applications available online
|February 28, 2014
||Application materials due to
The WIF Foundation Mentorship Committee
Chevonne O'Shaunessy (President, Mission Pictures International and American Cinema International)
Marion Rosenberg ( The Marion Rosenberg Office, manager/ producer)
Pat Quinn (Partner/Manager, Quinn Media)
Ivy Kagan Bierman (Partner, Loeb&Loeb)
Lillah McCarthy (SVP Original Programming, TNT/TBS)
Nina Nisenholtz (President, N2N Entertainment)
Cathleen Summers (Producer)
Hollace Davids (Sr VP of Special Projects, Universal Pictures)
Deborah Miller (Talent Manager, Shelter Entertainment Group)
Cindy Bond (President, Mission Pictures International)
Kathy Fields Lander (Actress, Producer, In Your Dreams Productions)